News from the Library Director
MORE System PIN # Tips
As of October 15, 2019, his field must be present for patrons to access their accounts via the MORE online catalog. A PIN can be set via the online catalog.
- A PIN must be a 4-digit number
- Any number of users can have the same PIN
- “Trivial” PINs are not allowed, those with:
- A character that repeats consecutively three or more times (for example, 1111, 0004, 8777)
- A set of up to four characters that repeats consecutively two or more times (for example, 0101, 8484)
Hazel Mackin Community Library Events
for the week of December 2nd, 2019
From the Library Board of Trustees
Dear Library patrons and community members,
In this holiday season, we give thanks for each of you. We are honored each time you walk through our doors or use our services, sharing in our mission of being a center for building up our community. If you have not yet used the library or haven’t used it lately, we invite you to please come and visit in person or online.
In the Roberts community, you, our patrons, saved more than half a million dollars ($606,379) in borrowing items from the library 2018. When you add in the people-guided services, such as story time and cooking classes, you received the total worth of something closer to two million ($1,703,237). Nearly 7,000 people attended our special events and ongoing programs.
In the seasonal spirit of gratitude and gift-giving, we ask you to consider offering the gift of a donation to the Hazel Mackin Community Library so we can build upon our outreach and programming.
We offer services in a wide variety of services that you may not be aware of, including:
- free online learning, research, and job resources, such as the e-Reader Libby app, transparent languages, Ancestory.com, Flipster, HeritageQuest Online, Newspapers by Ancestry, and others
- homeschool-friendly resources and programming, such story times and STEM presentations
- access to a wide range of resources besides books for check out (from our library and other collections): eBooks, audio books, movies, music CDs, games, puzzles, magazines, and more!
- events and ongoing programming that serve ages from preschoolers to tweens to seniors
- computers, hotspots, and photocopying
- reserve rooms for meeting spaces
- job finding resources, database searches, and reference assistance
- book clubs and so much more!
We provided more than 103,000 different items for check out in the last year, with 82,140 from our own collection and an additional 20,900 from other libraries in the larger MORE system.
In addition, our rooms were reserved 332 times, patrons used our computers 2,164 times and benefited from reference assistance for 4,691 request and 3,815 database searches.
As we see these numbers, we do not see mere figures. We picture in our minds you–all the wonderful patrons who come here. Please drop in even more, and to our website for ongoing offerings and news, and tell your friends and relatives. And please consider a gift to help us in our service before the end of the Christmas holidays—by check or cash by dropping off at the library.
The Hazel Mackin Community Library Board of Trustees and Staff
Hazel Mackin Community Library Hours
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10-6 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-7 pm
Saturdays 10AM-1PM (except holiday weekends)
311 West Warren Street, Roberts, WI 54023
Phone: (715) 749-3849
**Check out our website at www.robertspubliclibrary.org to see our monthly calendar, author links, book club information, and special events.
Email us at HMCL@robertspubliclibrary.org and ask to receive our weekly newsletters.
“Like” us on Facebook and Instagram!
For more information on any of these programs and more please visit our website at robertspubliclibrary.org or call us at (715)749-3849.